BIG UPDATE : It seems that the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Root was just a fake. The guys at SETool forum claim that it gives them a error while falshing their Xperia X10, with the custom boot.sin Image. 😀
As, i’ve already told you, it was still to find out if the Rooted Xperia X10
is stable or not, but i guess we don’t have to wait for it.
Hats off to @SonyEricssonDev guys that implemented such a robust Security rules at the root Level. You got to be Android Developer to Understand that what and how effective security measures @SonyEricssonDev guys have done in the Xperia X10. 🙂
Yesterday night, XDA Forums came up with a really Good news for all the Xperia X10 owners, that Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 is finally Rooted. 🙂 Before I say anything else, let me describe a few things,
– What does “root” or “Root Access” or “SU” mean?
– As, you probably might be knowing Android is based on the Linux Kernel and hence as there is Root User in Linux, here in Android we have similar Root Access or Root User or Super User(SU). It’s analogous to Administrator with Administrative privileges on a Computer. Or, you can also say, it’s Analogous to Jail-Breaking on the iPhone. So, if you have Administrative previleges you would automatically have the power of installing any Modified or Custom Operating System on your Computer, Similarly, in Android Devices, when you get the Super User(SU) or Root User Access, you would be able to install any Cooked Or Custom Roms or Even the Latest Android 2.2 on your Xperia X10. 🙂
– What Benefits will i get if i get to Root my Xperia X10? I mean is it worth the Hype?
– As, you would have already noticed, the biggest advantage of rooting your Xperia X10, is that you can install any Cooked or Custom ROMs on your Xperia X10, including any latest version of Android be it Android 2.1,Eclair or Android 2.2,Froyo ( Android 2.2 will bring a great Performance boost for your Xperia X10 with full Flash Support, check out more about change log of Android 2.2 over Android 2.1 )!
There are many other advantages of Rooting Xperia X10, as you would be able to control many a things on your Xperia X10. 🙂 It can range from anything, from apps that require Root Access to Leverage your Xperia X10 performance to Cutom ROMs.
– Whats the Risk Involved in Flashing or Rooting my Xperia X10? Will it void my Warranty?
– Yes, it Voids your Warranty. The Manufacturer doesn’t want you to have the root Access on the Xperia X10, that is why they have not enabled the Root Access to you out of the Box. 🙂 So, if you Flash your Xperia X10 with any Custom Rom, you do void your warranty form Sony Ericsson.
And yes, Flashing your Xperia X10 with any Cooked ROM, or Rooting it is an extremely risky process. If anything goes wrong in Flashing your Xperia X10, or you do a step incorrectly, you might Brick your Xperia X10 and might leave it completely Dead. So, before you attempt it, please go through the Guide or steps carefully and take responsibility of whatever you do to your Xperia X10. ( In my Opinion, It’s worth taking the Risk. )
Now when you know what does Root mean and what benefits it would leverage on your Xperia X10 and you also do understand the Risks Involved, take a look at how far these guys have gone to achieve the Root on the Xperia X10. 😀
It was “jerpelea”, an XDA Member posted it last night,
ROOTED boot.sin has been created and flashed with setool
WE HAVE ROOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
now we are triing to figure an cheaper way to flash it on device
custom rom R1FA016 system.sin
zipaligned all apks
So, it seems that he successfully patched his Xperia X10 with the Modified boot.sin image. Great News! Whoa! 😀
But before you get over excited, let me point out an important fact to you. The above said root is only done through SETool which is a costly Solution. It is not Possible for every X10 user to Buy a Flashing Box for Getting Root on their Xperia X10. They still need to find a better solution of Flashing the Xperia X10 using some free Flashing tools like SEUS or something else. 🙂
And moreover, it is yet to find out that the Rooted Xperia X10 is Stable or not?
I do accomplish the fact the it’s a step in the right direction and it’s not too long that we would see the conventional method for Rooting the Xperia X10, you would find the Step by Step Guide to Root your Xperia X10 here. 🙂 So keep an eye over this space. 🙂
And if you are looking for Some cool and Intresting Apps for Xperia X10, check out the Top 20 Best Free Apps for your Xperia X10.