So, it’s Official now that Xperia X10 family ( including X10 Mini, X10 Mini Pro & Perhaps Xperia X8 ) will receive Android 2.1, Eclair updates starting October End and will continue to roll out in different markets in November! It’s such a disappointing news to all the Xperia X10 owners. I mean, they were eagerly waiting for Android 2.1, Eclair firmware update on Xperia X10 by the last week of September and just before a week, they pushed the Schedule back to Q4 2010.
And how Rikard wrote about it, makes me worry to extreme! Let me quote him,
I’d also like to highlight that the update will be made available in a phased roll-out which means that different “kits” get the update at different times. It will take some additional weeks from end of October before all different kits have the new software available.
Will take additional weeks to reach to several markets? That means Late November before this reaches to everyone who has a Xperia X10 Family phone? This is ridiculous? I mean, by that time Gingerbread would be out? Perhaps running on Nexus One?
How can Sony Ericsson make such a mistake? And then Rikard has to say that Android is at the Core of their development Portfolio in 2010 and 2011. Even if they are planning to release X11 and X12 in Q1 Next year, Sony Ericsson would have lost all it’s Fanbase or users by that time!
Rikard also promises to update the Product blog with Video Reviews of the Upcoming Features of Android 2.1, Eclair Firmware Update on Xperia X10 and other info about it to keep things interesting until we get the Real update rolling out! ( hope they keep this promise! )
Rikard also conformed through comments in the blog that UXP Upgrade would also be shifted to Q1, 2011. That is next year! Un-believable? Right? And now do you think, there will be any further update to it?
The New Features that would be incorporated in this Update as stated on the Product blog are,
– HD video recording with continuous auto-focus for high quality videos
– Upgrade of the Android platform to Android 2.1
– New back up and restore application, with extended content back up
– 5 homescreens for apps, widgets, shortcuts and folders
– Social phonebook which automatically syncs contact pictures from Facebook and shows when your friends are online
Xperia X10 mini and X10 mini pro:
– Improved Bluetooth functionality with support for sending and receiving pictures, contacts and more
– New backup and restore application with extended content back up
– Automatic synchronization of your contact pictures between Facebook and your phone book
– Improved ways of handling pictures, audio, text and numbers in your messages
– Upgrade of the Android platform to Android platform 2.1
This has created a huge rage among the users of Xperia X10 and they are very furious with Sony Ericsson delaying the Eclair, Android 2.1, update for Xperia X10 family. You can feel the heat if you go the Product Launch blog where Sony Ericsson officially stated that Android 2.1, Eclair Firmware Update would not be Available by Oct End. The comments flooding like anything! Xda Forum is also full of people complaining about poor after sale support for Xperia X10 and disgusting attitude with Firmware Updates! 😐
People are actually trusting XDA guys more than Sony Ericsson Developers for updates and just asking them to release the Bootlaoder cracked files so that they can get into the system and install Custom ROMS. And they believe they can get Stock Froyo really quickly that way! Installing Custom ROM is so easy or these are just plain myths?
People are actually selling their phone on ebay! Check ebay with Xperia X10 on a global Search. Are you one of them?
We will buy used X10 from you! if you want to sell them! We are in India and you can contact us at Manishalexin@apnafundaz.com
Why do you think Xperia X10 updates are not meeting the deadlines? Is it the
– Timescape & MediaScape?
– This is how Sony Ericsson is?
– Sony Ericsson wants to get a Bug-Free and Best User Experience for their Customers!
– They are working on xperia X11-Win7 and Xperia X12-Android 2.2,Froyo ( Clario )
– They are locking the Firmware so it can’t be Rooted anyhow!
– Any other?
Let us know in the Comments section! Will keep you posted on any latest News on Xperia X10 Family firmware update of Android 2.1, Eclair. Expect Video tutorials explaining the Social Phonebook in the upcoming Update of Xperia X10. 🙂
If you haven’t heard about the latest android 2.1, Eclair update for Xperia X10-sneak Preview, then you missed a lot,
– Video Preview of Latest Eclair-Android 2.1 Update for SE Xperia X10 at IFA,Berlin!
– Demo of features on latest Eclair, Android 2.1 Update for Xperia X10
– Un-official Changelog of Android 2.1, Eclair Update for Xperia X10
And, if you are Looking for Top 10 Best Android Apps for your Xperia X10 or another Android Phone, visit the link!
Also you shouldn’t miss the Top 20 Free Android Apps for your Xperia X10.
For Best Games for android Xperia X10, visit this Link! 🙂
Do Join us on Facebook to not miss an update from our side!
Gadgets | Technology Simplified on Facebook
or Join us on Twitter and Follow me
And alternatively you can Sign up for our Email Newsletters at the bottom of this page to get the Updates in your Mailbox!