So have you updated your Xperia X10 to the Latest Android 2.1, Eclair Update yet? Or are you waiting for the Official Update in your region? There are no confirmed dates as of yet, but then it won’t be too long before you get a popup on your Xperia X10’s screen saying that there is new update available for your phone which would bring HD Video recording with Continuous autofocus plus many other awesome features! 😀
If you’ve already upgraded your Xperia X10 to Eclair, then theres some stuff that you would probably like on your Xperia X10. 😉 How about getting 3D Gallery of Stock android 2.1, Eclair on your Xperia X10? For some unknown reason, Sony Ericsson quite cleverly brushed the original 3D Gallery of android 2.1 under the covers and patched Mediascape everywhere in the system. I guess it’s ‘coz the rumored 3D Mediascape in the works that Sony Ericsson is planning for the UXP Upgrade in Q1 next year!
The Only way you can access 3D Gallery as of now is when you add a Picture Frame on your homescreen! Or is it? I’ve got a cool trick to get the Original 3D Gallery of stock Android 2.1, Eclair on your Xperia X10 with Android 2.1, Eclair ( plus Rooted! ). Enjoy some Screenshots before you jump on to the Tutorial Stuff! 😉
How to get 3D Image Gallery on your rooted Xperia X10 with Android 2.1,Eclair
– Stock Android 2.1, Eclair 3DGallery apk : Download Gallery3D apk
– Xperia X10 with Android 2.1,Eclair : Steps to get Android 2.1 on Xperia X10-Official Firmware
– Root Permission & Root Explorer Installed : How to Root Xperia X10 with Android 2.1-Easy Guide
Steps to get 3D Gallery on Xperia X10:
– Install Root Explorer from Android Market.
– Go to system -> apps and click Mount R/W button at the top.
– Copy downloaded Gallery3D.apk using Root Explorer to /system/apps and replace original Gallery3D.apk ( Make a backup of original Gallery3D.apk incase if you need it later )
– Long Press Gallery3D.apk in /system/apps. It will bring up options popup.
– Select Permissions and change it to the screenshot below
– Restart and enjoy the 3D Gallery on your Xperia X10. 😀
There are no problems as of yet in using this trick on my Xperia X10. It’s really fluid and zippy as well. Loving it! It also supports double tapping zoom in the gallery and bounce effect while scrolling! I love bounce effect. And all other functions are working in the 3D Gallery. Yes, all the functions are working. Let us know if you find any errors or bugs using this trick. Stay tuned for more such tips and tricks for your Xperia X10. 😀
Feel Free to let us know know your Opinion about the same in the comments section! 🙂 Stay tuned for further updates on Android 2.1, Eclair for Xperia X10. Do Join us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
Just updated your Xperia X10 to the Latest Android 2.1 Firmware and need some new apps,
– Must Have Top 10 Apps for Xperia X10 after Upgrading to Android 2.1, Eclair-Part 1
And, if you are Looking for Top 10 Best Android Apps for your Xperia X10 or another Android Phone, visit the link!
Also you shouldn’t miss the Top 20 Free Android Apps for your Xperia X10.
For Best Games for android Xperia X10, visit this Link! 🙂
Do Join us on Facebook to not miss an update from our side!
Gadgets | Technology Simplified on Facebook
or Join us on Twitter and Follow me
And alternatively you can Sign up for our Email Newsletters at the bottom of this page to get the Updates in your Mailbox!