Now when Xperia X10i Android 2.1, Eclair firmware is available in India many users want to switch to the latest version of the Indian Firmware from whatever firmware they were on. If you were on Nordic or global Android 2.1,firmware you can use the trick below to change to Indian Firmware or any other firmware for that matter. 🙂 And if you are still stuck on Android 1.6 stock firmware, then read the last part of this tutorial.
The trick is very simple but needs you to be rooted. You can use this trick to switch from any Android 2.1,Eclair firmware of any region to Android 2.1, Eclair Firmware of any other region.
You’ll need :
– Xperia X10i with Android 2.1 ( any Region )
– Rooted : Use this easy step by step guide to get rooted on Eclair firmware for Xperia X10
– SEUS ( Sony Ericsson Update Service ) : Download latest version here
– Root Explorer App ( or any other File Manager that can browse the root folder with root permissions )
Steps to change Region on Eclair,Android 2.1 on Xperia X10 :
– Install Root Explorer on your rooted Xperia X10
– Open it, and provide the root permissions for it to work. ( ignore this if you have already done this, generally required at the first run )
– Go to /system/ and find build.prop
– Click Mount R/W at the top of root explorer ( ignore this if it says ” Mount R/O ” )
– Long Press Build.prop file and with the context menu that appear scroll down to find ” Open in Text Editor ”
– Change the following lines with the kit version of your country or to the region you want to change,
For Indian Generic Version, it’s
1235-2964 : Xperia X10i Black
1235-2965 : Xperia X10i White
[ Update ] : The code that works is 1237-0692
It's the first code that aplies in this tric
– Change those xxxx-xxxx with the kit version that applies to you
– Press Menu button and then save it. A Backup file is automatically created in-case you need it later.
– Now go to /etc/customization/settings/ and find cust.prop
– Again check the ” Mount R/W ” button at top and long press to open it in text editor
– Change the following lines of code with your kit version here as well.
– Press menu button and save it!
– Restart the phone and browse those files again to check if those changes have been applied. IF not applied, follow the steps carefully, perhaps you forgot to save the file.
– Now un-install SEUS if already installed on your computer and delete the db folder inside ” Program Files\Sony Ericsson\Update Service\db ”
– Reinstall SEUS and try to update your Xperia X10i with it. It will say, you have the latest firmware installed but do a repair/re-installation of the Firmware.
– It should download the firmware of around ~161Mb, if it’s less than 150Mb don’t download, cancel it. It might be due to the un-availability of Android 2.1, Eclair Firmware in your Region.
– If it downloads something around 161MB, let it download and update your phone. After update, restart your phone, it will take some time before it will start completely. Have some patience and then enjoy! 😀
Let us know if you find stuck on any step in the tutorial above, we will do our best to sort it out for you. And do let us know your experiences about the latest firmware update for Xperia X10. 🙂
If you are still on Android 1.6, Donut Stock firmware for Xperia X10 you can get the Eclair update by just updating it through SEUS. If you are having problems with updating through SEUS/PC Companion saying that ” you already have the latest software installed on your phone “, then try the following things to sort out your problem,
– Delete the db folder inside ” Program Files\Sony Ericsson\Update Service\ ” , un-install SEUS, Reinstall SEUS and then try again.
– Go to your phone Settings -> About Phone -> Software Update -> Update Now and try to check if the update is available for you, if it’s available you’ll get this popup on your screen as shown below,
– Try using PC Companion instead of SEUS and use the Repair Option. If it downloads something around 161Mb, it’s the Android 2.1, Eclair Update else it’s the same old Android 1.6, Donut Update.
Let us know if you were able to get the update through any of the methods described above and also feel free to share your experiences with the Latest Update. 🙂
And if you have just updated your Xperia X10i to Android 2.1, Eclair then you got to check out these valuable resources for your phone,
– Get 3D Gallery on your Rooted Xperia X10 with this Cool Trick
And, if you are Looking for Top 10 Best Android Apps for your Xperia X10 or another Android Phone, visit the link!
Also you shouldn’t miss the Top 20 Free Android Apps for your Xperia X10.
For Best Games for android Xperia X10, visit this Link! 🙂
Do Join us on Facebook to not miss an update from our side!
Gadgets | Technology Simplified on Facebook
or Join us on Twitter and Follow me
And alternatively you can Sign up for our Email Newsletters at the bottom of this page to get the Updates in your Mailbox!