It’s been a tough time for Xperia X10 owners as Sony Ericsson locked down everything quite perfectly and it took ages for dev’s to get root on it. But still at this point also we don’t have the bootloader cracked for Xperia X10. Which mens the Custom ROMs are not yet possible on X10.
But then Dev’s found a a workaround to install Custom ROMs on Xperia X10. It is done by Hijacking Boot Sequence! Well, then the only problem that we are presently stuck at this point is that we can not install Custom Kernels on Xperia X10. So the Custom Roms for Xperia X10 would be still based on Sony Ericsson’s Kernel. Okay to be pretty straight forward we won’t see Multi-touch on Xperia X10 until the Bootloader is cracked! 🙁
But for now, as we have a way to hijack the Boot Sequence we can run or install Custom Rom’s on Xperia X10. We Already saw a Custom 2.2,Froyo Rom for Xperia X10 which performs quite nicely if you don’t consider the unimplemented things like Audio, Video, Camera & Other stuff. Based on it and Cyanogen’s recovery source, XDA Dev zdzihu, developed a Custom Recovery for Xperia X10 which makes installing Custom Rom and taking backup of these pretty easy. 🙂
How to Install Recovery on Rooted Xperia X10 with Android 2.1,Eclair
You’ll Need :
– Xperia X10 Must Be Rooted : Easy Root Instructions for Xperia X10 with Android 2.1, Eclair
– Stable BusyBox Version Installed – Preferably Installed from the Market
– GScript Lite – Install from Android Market
– xRecovery 0.0.1-beta : Download
– Root Explorer : Optional
Steps to Install Recovery on Rooted Xperia X10 :
– Install Gscript Lite from Android Market
– Download xRecovery 0.0.1-beta and Unpack the contents inside the Root of SD Card. ( Not inside any Folder ) This would unpack and create a gscript folder on your SD Card.
– Open GScript -> Press Menu Button -> Add Script -> Load file -> Select xrecovery.sh -> Save.
– Click on xrecovery
– This should execute the xrecovery.sh inside gsript folder. If for some reason it doesn’t then follow the next step else skip it.
– Open Root Explorer and Goto SDCard -> gscript and click on xrecovery.sh and click “Execute” from the pop-up box.
– You can now See the Recovery at the StartUp when you press Back Button at the first apprearance of Sony Ericsson on the Screen at the startup. 🙂 Enjoy! 🙂
[ Update ]
The Latest release for xRecovery features an apk file which isntall the recovery on your Xperia X10 Phone without any problems. It’s a one click solution to install Recovery on your Xperia X10. Although, to install recovery on Xperia X10, it must be rooted and Busybox must be installed.
Download Link : Latest Recovery v0.2 for Xperia X10 apk file
Features of Recovery on Xperia X10
ADB root shell
– Install update.zip from SD Card
– Factory reset (full wipe)
– Wipe cache partition
– Install custom zip
– Backup and Restore
– Partition tools
– Mount/unmount partitions
– Format partitions
– Mount as USB Storage
– Advanced options
– Wipe Dalvik cache
– Wipe battery stats
– Fix permissions for apps (FC fix)
Use VOLUME-UP and VOLUME-DOWN to browse, HOME to select, BACK to go back.
If you face any problem installing this Recovery for Xperia X10, feel free to ask me in the comments. Please remember that this is not compatible with Dual Booting of Custom Rom’s for Xperia X10. So, if you have previously installed Custom Android 2.2, Froyo for Xperia X10 please un-install it before you apply this. This Recovery will Help you install any Custom Rom on Xperia X10 be it Gingerbread of Froyo or any other! Stay tuned for Further Updates. 🙂
Do Join us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
And if you have just updated your Xperia X10i to Android 2.1, Eclair then you got to check out these valuable resources for your phone,
– Get 3D Gallery on your Rooted Xperia X10 with this Cool Trick
And, if you are Looking for Top 10 Best Android Apps for your Xperia X10 or another Android Phone, visit the link!
Also you shouldn’t miss the Top 20 Free Android Apps for your Xperia X10.
For Best Games for android Xperia X10, visit this Link! 🙂
Do Join us on Facebook to not miss an update from our side!
Gadgets | Technology Simplified on Facebook
or Join us on Twitter and Follow me
And alternatively you can Sign up for our Email Newsletters at the bottom of this page to get the Updates in your Mailbox!